QUESTION ON TRINITY
If Jesus is God and God is one, (Father Son and Holy Spirit ) who was Jesus praying to?
Does this then mean that God is 3 separate beings?
1 Timothy 3:16
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.
1. There is a mystery in godliness.
This passage in its original language puts the mystery on godliness. Godliness is beyond our ability to fully comprehend. God is God because we will never fully comprehend Him. What we comprehend about God is what He reveals and enables us to appreciate.
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
2. God is spirit and is accessible spiritually only…not logically
1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
3. Spiritual things can never make sense using mathematical logic or scientific or philosophical… its bybelief and faith
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
4. God is one! Made up of three distinct individuals namely, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit …distinct three different but one in purpose and unity. Jesus who is God the Son was praying to God the Father. The relationship that suggests superiority of one over the other is a function of the salvation process for our understanding of what it has taken for us to be saved. God the Father and the Son are that way not in the human sense of Father and Son, but for our understanding.
5. How God is one yet three is a mystery that should and must be accepted spiritually by faith.
6. A logical approach or any non-spiritual method will sink us deeper into confusion.
7. This is a spiritual matter for believers only. God is one in three!(c)firstname.lastname@example.org(do not delete any part of this post, including this. You are free to share these posts but don’t edit the authorship or content…thank you and be blessed!)